Saturday, August 14, 2010

File under: I guess this is why we have baby gates

This morning I got quite a shock when baby D demonstrated a much improved ability. We had come downstairs to give Hubby a chance to sleep in, and I was letting her roam the reasonably baby-proof main level while I checked my email. She had gone a little too quiet, so I got up to check on her; I heard her banging on some cupboards, and made my way to the kitchen, where I had last seen her heading. She wasn't in there. I looked in a couple of cupboards just in case, to no avail. I still heard her, though. Which only left... wait, she can't climb stairs yet, can she?

As it turns out, she can climb all 17 of the stairs, disregard the sleeping bags and backpack on the landing, and maneuver her way into the guest bathroom where there are delightful cupboards which make a very pleasing sound when struck. I am all too aware that this could very easily have gone sideways. The baby gates are now firmly in place.

2 comments:

  1. They figure things out so quickly! Annika is eying up the stairs, so we'll be here soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next, if she's anything like her Antenna, she'll be into the brownies!

    ReplyDelete